If you require to have the timing belt of your Ford vehicle replaced, the price estimator at autobutler.co.uk lists the average price paid for Ford timing belt replacements recently undertaken at autobutler.co.uk.
Founded in 1903 by Henry T Ford, the Ford Motor Company are now one of the most well known automotive brands in the world.
Popular throughout Europe, the Ford Fiesta and Ford Focus were both named in the Top 10 Best Selling Car Models in Europe for 2014, with over 15 million Ford Fiesta’s having been sold since its inception in 1976.
As with any make of vehicle, wear and tear will occur throughout the lifespan of your Ford, with repairs and replacement parts being a necessary requirement.
One component that will need replaced in your Ford at some point is the timing belt. The timing belt is an essential component in the smooth running of your vehicle and replacing it is a routine undertaking for most garages.
autobutler.co.uk can help you to get the best Ford timing belt price in your area. Our website will give you access to three free quotes from local garages to make sure that you don’t pay over the odds for having your timing belt inspected and repaired.
Average price for a Ford timing belt job is £290.
Get 3 free quotes for a Ford timing belt job
The price estimator lists the average prices for replacing the timing belt on a number of Ford models. These average prices are taken from actual prices recently charged for Ford timing belt replacement jobs
undertaken at autobutler.co.uk.
If, having checked the price estimator, you wish to get an accurate quote for having the timing belt replaced on your Ford vehicle, then one of the simplest and quickest ways to get a professional quote is through autobutler.co.uk By completing a few simple details, you will receive three bespoke quotes from garages local to you within 24 hours, allowing you to select the quote best suited to your requirements.
How is the cost of a Ford timing belt replacement broken down?
As with a number of automotive repairs, the bulk of the cost in replacing a timing belt is in labour hours, with the actual cost of the timing belt itself being only a small part of the final bill.
Due to the positioning of the timing belt within your engine, it can be a time-consuming job to undertake.
When replacing the timing belt, some garages may suggest replacing the water pump also, due to its proximity to the timing belt and ease of access when undertaking a timing belt replacement.
How do I know if I require a new timing belt?
The timing belt in your vehicle is in almost continual use, controlling the timing and order in which your engine’s valves open and close.
- The timing belt must be replaced as per the recommended timescales in your owners maintenance manual.
- Failure to replace the timing belt can result in it failing which can cause the valves and pistons in your engine to collide, causing serious and expensive damage to your vehicle’s engine.
- There are some warning signs that your timing belt is not working properly. You may hear a high-pitched sound when starting your vehicle or when the engine is idle.
- You may also have issues when trying to start your vehicle – if it takes several attempts to start your engine then this could well be an issue with the timing belt.
- Finally, on some vehicles, you can visually check the timing belt for signs of wear and tear. If the timing belt looks worn or frayed then you should look to have it replaced as soon as possible.